Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Brent is the perfect dog..... almost.

Words can't express what a sweet little dog Brent is, he really personifies the saying "aims to please". There is one area we are working on --- house training. He does not have any accidents in his crate during the night (nine hours). I have also crated him for up to four hours during the day while I do errands and he has not had an accident. He is making progress but house training does continue. Because of this I would currently recommend Brent have a family that is not at work, all day, five days a week unless there is someone available to take him out midday. He certainly could go home now with a family who is able and willing to pick up where we are at in his training. I'll update this post and share his successes in this area. Forever family, if you are ready for Brent now, Fluffy Dog will help you with the house training process. We recommend the book "Way to Go" by Patricia McConnell.

UPDATE: OOPS, my fault, I was busy helping my son get ready for school and I didn't follow a basic rule of house training, take them out 10-15 minutes after they eat.

UPDATE 3/1/10 -- No marking or accidents in our home for five days now. Way to Go Brent!!