Sunday, December 3, 2017

Welcome Anakin (Annie)

It's been a while since we have had a foster dog but did we every hit the Jackpot with Annie.  He is just the best.   I will start here with his background story.

Annie was an owner surrender to an Alabama shelter.  We do not know why he was surrendered,  honestly over the years we learned not to believe the person.  Honestly,  I just can't think of a reason other than they did not have time for him.

Annie lived in an Alabama foster home for about a month waiting for transport to Wisconsin.  Teri, his foster mom just adored him and was so sad to see him go.  I'm sure we will feel the same.

While with Teri,  Annie dug out from under her cyclone fence and sustained some puncture wounds on his hind end.  He was treated with antibiotics and just about healed now.  He needed to be trimmed up around the wounds so his fur was pretty choppy so I had him groomed when he arrived.

Ta daaaa,  we thought he looked like an overgrown yorkie with his long fur but under it all,  he looks like a schnauzer mix.    We loved his long fur but he looked pretty shaggy,  Teri affectionately called him shaggy.  With quality food and care,  it should grow back beautiful.  For now,  her looks like a darling schnauzer mix.
He is 22 lbs so on the small side of medium.  He is about 16" to his shoulder.

Annie is quite a calm boy very easy to have around. He is listed at 4-5 years old.  I don't know if his former owner gave this age or the vet estimated it.  I think it is about right.  His eyes are very clear and teeth do not have much tarter on them.

He is such a dear boy.   As I type this,  he is laying quietly at my feet always hoping I will take a few minutes and give him some attention but not pestering me at all.  Love this boy!!

This is Anakin's shelter picture