Monday, March 22, 2010

Attention Star Wars fans.... an Ewok has arrived!


Well, only one new pup from Alabama made it to Wisconsin Sunday. The transport did not fill with volunteer drivers so the others are delayed until next Sunday. I met the transport in Madison Sunday and welcomed Reuben. When I first saw his shelter picture on petfinder, I thought this is a very odd looking dog. After I met him, his unique cuteness really shined through. He was a bit shell shocked (as many are) after the long ordeal to get here, but he was very obedient and just wanted some reasurrance. He kept looking up at me as to say, I'm just not sure about all of this. Reuben spent the night at our house and seemed to relax as the evening progressed. He really just wanted to be near us and he was content. Of course I took lots of videos and pictures for the petfinder site, all these dogs do like my camera since it means "liver treats". No accidents in the house at all. He really didn't like the crate last night but that was our only difficulty. Today, he continued on his Wisconsin journey. He does need his own foster home, so if you are interested, he is a sweetheart. Reuben is a one of a kind and here's hoping and praying he will find a forever home soon.