Monday, April 26, 2010

Meet Buddy!



Buddy arrived in Wisconsin Saturday. He has been staying with us this weekend while his foster mom is out of town and will be meeting her today. Buddy and another small dog were owner surrenders in Illinois. We have no idea why. He has been a sweet, friendly, boy this weekend. Very quiet in our home and nice with Cricket. He has the cutest play bow when he wants to play with other doggies. He is the first pup I have given a nice fresh bone to that wasn't interested in it all. But a kong filled with canned dog food, yum. As usual with these dogs, I don't think anyone put any time into him as he doesn't seem to know any commands but he really has the "aims to please" personality and is very attentive so he should learn fast. I had the pleasure of meeting his foster mom today, a new foster for Fluffy Dog Rescue that has fostered for other rescues before. He is very lucky to have her. Hope you find your forever home soon Buddy........

I have to say I am so frustrated trying to capture a nice photo of Buddy and any black colored dog. If the photo is too dark, you don't see their eyes. If it is too light, they look grey. The tongue out helps but you can't always get this. The initial picture on petfinder is so small and so important as a lead for someone to click on them and read about them. I think I have changed Buddy's picture six times trying to capture a nice look for him. (sorry Lori) If anyone has any photo taking hints for me for these pups, I'd love to hear.