Thursday, May 13, 2010

What a Mother's Day!






My parents are in town visiting and we did our celebrating Saturday evening with a nice dinner out. Not much was planned for Sunday so I volunteered to meet the transport and pick up the labby puppies for Lori and dachshund for a new foster mom. Well, plans changed a bit as we tried to consolidate travel time for foster families and all the pups except Shelly's new foster Puppito came to our house (seven dogs). I think this is the first time my husband said to me "you're doing what!" We blocked off one stall of our garage for the three puppies to play since they were going to be with us for the rest of the day. (I'm so jealous of all you dog owners who have fenced in backyards) I think my son spent two hours with the pups --- they are so fun and cute! The camera came out and I started snapping away with my mom's help. Little did she know she would be spending Mother's Day with pups. I think she enjoyed it since she took pictures of them home with her today and said to be sure to call her and let her know when they get adopted. The four older dogs continued on their journey to foster (by the way a couple of them still need their own foster mom or dad) and the puppies left by evening. I guess this is what moms do, care for the little ones.