Monday, March 29, 2010

Fluffy Friend Spa Day




The night went great. Both Bernie and Toby were quiet all night in their crates. No messes were made and they were happy lads this morning.

I started with Toby as he was leaving us today. He had a bath in Alabama so I just thought I would trim him up a bit more. I trimmed the top of his head a bit and his beard without problem but he just would not let me trim near his eyes. Oh well, five minutes later, he was my best pal again. The woman I handed him off to is a groomer and said she would take care of it. Thank you.

Bernie went in the bathtub-- wow that bath water was dirty. Can't say he loved a bath but he tolerated it quite well. Have to say when wet he is a bit thin and could use a couple of pounds. When his fur dried it was soooo soft and fluffy. I did have to cut off some small matts on his muzzle and near his eyes, hope he doesn't look too choppy. He didn't like the brush but I bribed him with treats. Interesting I did not notice any shedding yesterday but he is shedding some after his bath -- maybe it loosened some of his hair. (anyone with fluffies out there, does this happen??)

The best part of today is Bernie has become playful with me, Cricket and a few toys. He personality is emerging as a clumsy, sometimes wiggley, lovey, fluffy dog.